K. Wiggins
K. Wiggins, Chevy Technician
Experience:  ASE Certified Technician AA in automotive Technology, 15+ years in the trade

When the air conditioning is on in my 2004 Trailblazer EXT

Customer Question

When the air conditioning is on in my 2004 Trailblazer EXT North Face Addition air will come out from the defroster and heat vents but not from the dash vents which blow air directly into the face/chest area.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: As I said, everything seems to work correctly other than the fact that it will not blow air via the vents in the dash.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I hope to depending on the difficulty factor.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: No, not at this time.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
Hi, my name is ***** ***** is caused b ya bad mode door actuator and is common on these to fail, the door actuator is not expensive, about 40 dollars, but the labor to replace it is about 4 hours, are you planning to do this your self?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
I would like to.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Exactly how difficult would it be?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Is there anything on-line that could give me some direction?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
are you still here?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Yes I am. I would prefer a visual aid of some type. Something online would work best. Any online tutorials?
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
Give me minute to put togehter a PDF file containing the info you want,Tim
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Every time I see communication/an e-mail from the sight it seems as though there is additional charge. This is not what I expected! At $28.00 per e-mail this cold get ridiculous.
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
Ok, I will wait for the PDF.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
Below is the PDF file containing the procedure for replacing this,Tim
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
most parts houses sell these actuators and should have them in stock,Tim
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It is not opening as a PDF. It seems to be opening up as a word document that is not complete.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
I see, the text is all there, but the pictures are cut off, below is a full view of the pictures,Tim
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
The links don't seem to be working.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
I just clicked on them, and they both work?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
It will not open for me. I seem to be able to go to any and all other sites but not the one that you are attempting to link me to.
Expert:  TIM MOHR replied 5 months ago.
this is not on a site, it is posted here on JA, its not a link,I could email them to you?
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
My e-mail is,***@******.***
Expert:  K. Wiggins replied 5 months ago.
Hello, let me know if the link below works.