GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Want to replace blend door actuator so i can get hot or cold

Customer Question

want to replace blend door actuator so i can get hot or cold air onto my feet
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: I'm getting air from everywhere but to my feet. have no vacuum problem just the actuator not closing or opening completely to get air onto my feet.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: checked all vacuum lines at all positions on climate control dial settings & found that the floor actuator does NOT OPEN NOR CLOSE COMPLETELY.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: NO
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 8 months ago.
May I have the year and model of your Chevy?