Clayso, Master Automobile Technician
Experience:  ASE Master Certified Automobile Technician. 30 Years Experience.

JA: . How can we help? Customer: i have 2009

Customer Question

JA: Hi. How can we help?
Customer: i have 2009 p0315 it is not starting
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: need to change crankshift sensor.where is the location? please
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: need location of crankshift position sensor location.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: trying
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
(Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 5 months ago.
Sorry your Aveo is not starting. I will provide you with teh crankshaft position sensor location in the attached documents. and also the repair directions. Please feel free to ask any other questions. Thank you!
Customer: replied 5 months ago.
is it between the starter and the engine under the car?
Yes it is! There will be a wire harness going into the bell housing.
Expert:  Clayso replied 5 months ago.
Hi There, I'm Clay a certified master automobile technician with 30 years of automotive repair and diagnostic experience.There are 2 locations for the Crankshaft Position (CKP) . One with variable camshaft phasing and one without. Variable camshaft phasing engines have the CKP behind the starter. Without variable camshaft phasing the CKP is located on the left side of the engine below the oil filter. DTC P0315 CKP System Variation Not Learned sets when the system variation has been interrupted. P0315 is not a specific code that sets for a defective crankshaft position sensor. P0315 usually sets after there has been engine work done and the crank variation learn procedure needs to be completed. This can only be done with a dealer level scan tool. The vehicle will not start until the crankshaft variation learn procedure has been done.I hope this information is helpful. If you have any questions let me know. You can reply back to me through this thread at any time.Kindly rate my assistance in a positive manner so I may have credit for helping you.Positive ratings are greatly appreciated.Thanks.