GM Bob
GM Bob, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  30 plus years. experience as GM technician, ASE Master Technician and GM Certified.
70078276

2012 Silverado lt. Headlights just stop working. JA: Sometimes

Customer Question

2012 Silverado lt. Headlights just stop working.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Key chain start. When I pressed the button the truck started and the lights flashed. They turned off all of a sudden, but they were still set for auto. I had 3 men look T the truck. I had to drive home with the high beam. There is nothing g else to say. The lights don't work. They are new head lights within the past 7/8 months.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am a female who beleives the truck should always work for the amount of money it costs. I am taking it to my mechanic in the morning as I am not waiting on my husband to figure it out. I put 3k miles minimum on my Big Boy and I need it working at ALL times. ....no I personally am not going to fix it. But if someone k own what theproblem is the. Let me know so I can tell my mechanic. My husband has to take it to work tonight so he will have to travel with high beams.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Nope. Great truck except for this issue.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Kurt Kennedy replied 7 months ago.
Sorry to hear about your headlights, I know that can be a huge pain when something like that doesn't work. Since you say you had to drive home with the High beams on, i am going to assume the Low beams are the lights in question that do not work. There are a few possibilities for this, but this is a pretty easy circuit and the most common I see is the "Low beam headlight" relay or its associated wiring. It is a relay that will send power out to the low beam when it gets dark out (if you are on Auto), or when you manually turn them on. Please feel free to ask me any questions you have about my answer and please do not forget to rate your experience. Thank you!
Expert:  GM Bob replied 7 months ago.
Hello my name is ***** ***** still need help?