Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

Yes I'm trying to remove the driver side cv axle on my 2006

Customer Question

yes I'm trying to remove the driver side cv axle on my 2006 chevy equinox but it won't come loose.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Thank you
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: pulling it
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: i can't get a pry bar in there good enough to pry it off
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Customer: no
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is***** will need a slide hammer to remove axle, most parts stores will barrow them out for free with deposit. Here are replacement instructions from manual, let me know if you have more questions. Thanks.-https://www.dropbox.com/s/2ow8r1ppw929tby/ax.pdf?dl=0
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
there's no other way other then with that tool? I don't have a way to go get it.
Expert:  Dan replied 1 year ago.
You can try and do some hard jerking motions with 2 hands to pull it out, pry on it, or use slide hammer. There isn't any other options besides those 3. Without being there I cannot see pry angles but you can send me pictures if you would like so I can see if there are any decent ways to access for prying. Let me know if you have more questions, thanks.