Dan, Technician
Experience:  Independent Shop Experience, 2 Year Automotive Diploma, & Access to Information Database
17871496

06 trailblazer low beams not working replaced bulbs and dimmer

Customer Question

06 trailblazer low beams not working replaced bulbs and dimmer switch,still not working
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Low beam head light don't work,,high beams do,,has 89K miles
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Replaced both bulbs ,replaced dimmer /turnsignal switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: There is no voltage getting to the fuses
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** you replaced the headlamp driver module which looks like a relay in location 46 in fuse box under hood? Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Not yet,,,what other parts are related to this system?
Headlight control,
Isn't there a switch that involves the parking brake?
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.
The headlamp relay/driver module is almost always the problem, it is very common. Otherwise problem would be wiring or body control module but those are unlikely. Replace the headlamp driver module in location 46. Let me know how it goes or if you have more questions. Thanks.
Customer: replied 12 months ago.
Thank you
Expert:  Dan replied 12 months ago.
No problem, make sure to let me know if you run into more questions. Have a good day!