Jared D
Jared D, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Shop Supervisor at County Fleet

Traction control service JA: Sometimes things that you think

Customer Question

Traction control service
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: Traction control service and my truck shakes at times when I'm fully stopped on a red light
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Been looking at youtube videos and one dude said its the break light switch
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Stability track service and it has the check engine light on
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Hi,First, what year model and engine size is your chevy?Have you had the computer scanned for misfire/trouble codes?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2007 Chevy Tahoe ltz 5.3
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Have not scan codes
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
Oh, the 2007 5.3l. I hate to be pessimistic about it, but it's a pretty safe bet that you have a valve-train problem. This is incredibly common on the 2007 tahoe. One of two things happens: a lifter seizes causing a misfire, or a valve usually exhaust burns and then causes a misfire. The result is a service traction system indicator and sometimes a blinking check engine light at an idle. I had a mechanic friend of mine trade his tahoe in for this very same reason.Do you plan to diagnose/repair it yourself?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I plan on diagnose and repair it myself
Expert:  Jared D replied 6 months ago.
First you will want to get a hold of a scan tool and hook it up while idling so you can do a power balance test and see which cylinder is contributing the most misfires.From there we can test that individual cylinder and see what the problem might be.
Expert:  Jared D replied 5 months ago.
Did you still need help with this? If you do, I'd be happy to help. If not, please don't forget to rate.