Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

2003 Trailblazer. The cruze control will not work on the first

Customer Question

2003 Trailblazer. The cruze control will not work on the first trip of the day.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: The cruse will work on the second engine start of the day and all day as long as the car dosent sit more than about 6 hours
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: Checking all fuses.
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: Looking for a relay in the system.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Still waiting for a response.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
???
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.There is no relays in the cruise control circuit and I would suspect you have some sort of a connection issue, that being said the cruise control system should set a fault code when it will not turn on. In order to get some idea as to where to start your diagnosis the first thing you are going to need to do is to scan the system and see if there are any faults codes setting. If you can get this done and post back with the results I will help you get this resolved. I have enclosed the wiring diagram for reference and future testing as well in the link below. Copy and paste the link toy our browser to open and view it.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Cruise%20circuti%20Apr%2026.pdf
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. This looks like what I need. I will get the codes read in the next couple of days.
Wally
Expert:  Ron replied 1 year ago.
Get me the fault codes Wally and we can work from there if need be.