Tim's Auto Repair
Tim's Auto Repair, mechanic
Experience:  Have owned a repair shop for 25 yrs.
14541291

Chevrolet Blazer: I have a 2004 Blazer. I have the following

Customer Question

I have a 2004 Blazer. I have the following electronic issues.
1) About 1 out of ever 20 starts, the vehicle will not start. The security light is illuminated. I turn the ignition on and off, play with the locks, the fob, etc. At some point it will start gain. Sometimes it takes up to 10 minutes to get it started. Other times it take a few seconds.
2) Occasionally the automatic door locks will go up and down by themselves. This sometimes occurs while I'm driving but it has also happens while the car is turned off and the key is not in the ignition.
3) Thinking these issues might be a faulty FOB, I ordered new ones. I tried to program it using the lock/on/off method described all over the internet, but it does not work.
I'm guessing all 3 of these things are related.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Tim's Auto Repair replied 7 months ago.
Hi, My name is ***** ***** for the delay.I will do my best to assist you.this sounds as if you may have a bad ignition switch itself.the bad switch is causing it to activate the passlock causing it to set the securitythanks
PLEASE COPY AND PASTE the link below to your browser, I have uploaded more info on this there please copy and paste the link below to your main browser[INTERNET EXPLORER or FIREFOX].https://www.dropbox.com/s/worwsxyzwj4bfkp/0425-blazer-Ignition%20Switch%20Replacement.doc?dl=0.if the link doesn’t work that way, try it this waythanks.www.dropbox.com/s/worwsxyzwj4bfkp/0425-blazer-Ignition%20Switch%20Replacement.doc?dl=0. If you are satisfied with my answer, Please Rate my answer by clicking the rating button so I can get credit for my work. I’m not always going to be giving you good news, so please don't let this stand in the way of you accepting my answer. .it does not cost you more money and we will still be able to communicate, ,.please understand, i can not see, hear or touch the vehicle and only know what you tell me. Bonuses and positive feedback are appreciated.. if you are not satisfied with my answer, please do not leave bad feed back ,i will gladly opt out and let another expert handle the question. .if i have sent any diagrams, please print them. .sometimes you may need to right click the image [,then save picture as]to save it to your computer so you can open it with your picture program...Please ask if you need more help
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Would that also cause the new fob to not program?
it is possible