AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Chevrolet Corvette: Have a 1989 Corvette. Was idling while

Customer Question

Have a 1989 Corvette. Was idling while in park, it died. Turned key to start position, car would not crank. Bypassed the VATS and car will crank but not start. Fuel pump pressures up, and car will run on starting fluid. Car has 36000 original miles. Any ideas?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are there any anti theft or security lights on or flashing on the dash when trying to start the engine?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
The security light flashes as you enter car while door is open. Off while turning key.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Ok, if the security light is on or flashing with the key on or when trying to start the engine, then this problem is not related to the theft system
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
You may need to add more money to your account so we can talk over the phone.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
I am waiting for your call
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
It sounds like your fuel injectors are not pulsing allowing fuel to enter the engine. The only components I am aware of that will prevent this from happens (provided the wiring is good) is going to be the following components.. Throttle position sensorEngine control module (ECM)fuel injectors (shorting out electronically)no power to the injectorssecurity system
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.