ironmike, ASE Master tech
Experience:  30 years ASE Master L1 GM certified

Chevrolet Silverado: My daughter has a 2004 silverado 2500

Customer Question

My daughter has a 2004 silverado 2500 with the abs and brake light on. It seems that there was a recall for this in 2008 but this vehicle was not serviced. Also the diagnostic link is not communicating. It appears the EBCM is the culprit of the brake issue but I can't find an answer for the "no communications" problem. Is there a rebuilt unit for the EBCM? The brakes and brake lines have been replaced and the fuel lines have been repaired. The engine was tuned up at 60,000 miles and it currently has 65,000.
Old Steve
Category: Chevy
Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.
greetings, If the EBCM is not communicating it could be several reasons. We need to make sure we are getting power and ground to the EBCM. next we would check the data network. It is possible the EBCM is bad but lets make sure. Let me know if you have a multi meter.
Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.
there is a part restriction for the EBCM on these trucks so it is a known fault/failure.
Expert:  ironmike replied 6 months ago.
you will need a scan tool like the dealers to set tire size.