rpmdiag, Tech and Instructor
Experience:  Since 1975

CHEVY P/U 2500: 1998 chevy k2500 5.7 eng. fuel pump has 58

Customer Question

1998 chevy k2500 5.7 eng. fuel pump has 58 psi,checked by pressure gage. relay good and went through relay test. engine starts but dies starving for fuel.what is next test. is there a method of testing fuel metering valve. csfi
Category: Chevy
Expert:  rpmdiag replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I’m Ron and I can help you.I have been in the auto repair business with my own shops since 1975 and also teachautomotive repair. I am confident we can resolve your problem together. Pleaseunderstand that I don't know your skill level. In most cases when you have a problemwith the way the vehicle performs, specialized tooling is required to acquire computerdata/information or engine testing results. We didn’t build these complicated vehicles; wejust diagnose and fix them. Also understand that I can't see, smell, hear, or touch thevehicle either, so it may take a few replies to get to satisfactory results. I am also going todirect you with the fastest, easiest and most common things to check first. Please bepatient and permit me to do what I do best.I also try to give all of the information you may need, expecting a “positive rating” inreturn. I will also continue assisting you after you have rated me, if necessary. If thereis any reason I cannot get a positive rating, please let me know why “in advance”, so Ican go another direction for you. I am sorry you’re having this problem; I’ll help youthrough it.The fuel pump can still be bad. You need to test it with a lab scope. You can still have a bad armature with good pressure. See attachment.Thanks, Ron