Super Mechanic
Super Mechanic, Master technician
Experience:  29 yrs. exp., ASE master, cert. in G.M. electrical, a/c, susspension, brakes, electronic steering

Chevrolet S10: 2000 chevy s10. I have no brake lights, but

Customer Question

2000 chevy s10. I have no brake lights, but have turn signals and hazard flashers. The brake light switch has voltage on the white wire. Have tried the hazard switch many times. Brake lights do not work. I've been reading an old question you answered 7 yrs. ago, but unsure which switch you are referring to as bad.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site. .Let me just say that any money that you paid, or if you have a subscription, that money stays in your account until the answers are rated, (positive) regardless of how fast or how long it may take to get finished. You can FOLLOW UP AT ANYTIME, even after rating. That is most likely in the multi-function switch, (turn signal switch) even though the turn signals do work.There is a test for that, let me attach a link to it, thanks. you accept my additional service request for your email address, you can give me your email in a private info box and I'll send you the instructions for the switch in a PDF file, the file is rather large. You will just have to accept the additional service offer and ENTER your email address in the “ENTER CONTACT INFO” section so that I can see it. I do not have access to your email address,
Did you get that?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
What kind of answer is that? No I don't want to pay extra for a maybe.
You will have to do the test that I gave you, anything else is a guess. The "offer" was for any instructions that could be sent to your email. Also, I don't get paid util the answer(s) are rated. The instructions could also be put in my personal dropbox, thanks
Please don’t forget to rate the answer in a positive way, . EVEN IF YOU HAVE A SUBSCRIPTION ****THAT IS THE ONLY WAY I GET PAID ****
It is showing that you are waiting for me. Let me send this as a test, thanks