GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I installed AV swivel between the seat and seat base of my

Customer Question

I installed AV swivel between the seat and seat base of my 2010 Chevy express and the wires under the seat are too short to let it swivel more than 90 degrees. Is it safe. To just I plug the wires?
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I tried to buy matching plug thing so I could make an extension cord but can't find one.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Randall C replied 6 months ago.
Hello, can you reword the question? I am not understanding your question about safe and how many wires are we speaking of
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The 5 wire plug under the passenger seat. I think they are for the sensors that check to see if more tha 40 (?) pounds is on the seat, checks that the seat belt is being used, etc
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Are you there?
yes, Understood but did not understnad what you wrote about "safe to do?" safe to do what?
you wrote this. I dont understand it, sorry Is it safe. To just I plug the wires?