Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

Chevrolet Tahoe LT: I'm reading a thread about a 2003 Chevy

Customer Question

I'm reading a thread about a 2003 Chevy Tahoe and the key fobs not working. I also have this problem. I tried reprogramming my original fobs without success. I ordered new fobs and tried programming them without success. The truck does go into programming mode but I haven't been able to get them to program. Would my next step be replacing the passenger door module? If so, where do I go about finding this part?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.Before you try to program your new FOBs they need to be synchronized. I have enclosed the steps to do so in the link below. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view the steps. Try this first and see if this solves your problem. If after doing so and the problem remains then GM has released a service bulletin calling for reprogramming the door module. I have enclosed the bulletin in the second link as well.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I have already tried what is in the first bulletin without success. Should I assume I need to take it in to the dealership to reprogram the door module?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Yes if the programming steps where not successful then the next steps would be to follow the steps in GM service bulletin which calls for reprogramming the module.