Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector

Chevrolet Suburban 1500: 2005 chevy suburban stalls on cold

Customer Question

2005 chevy suburban stalls on cold starts only
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. When the engine stalls, does it start right back up? Does it only stall at idle or lower engine rpms or does it stall at all engine speeds? Can I start by getting your VIN? Thank you!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
vin is 1GNFK16Z95J101062 it will run for a few seconds and stall will restart after a few tries and stalls again after several times of this it will be fine the rest of the day or has sat for several hours
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for that information. The most common cause of a stalling condition on this engine is a dirty throttle body. You might want to start by cleaning the inside of the throttle body and throttle plate with a soft wire brush and some throttle body cleaner. Then drive the vehicle and let it idle as the computer will relearn the idle over time. This should do the trick. Also, be sure that the fuel pressure regulator is not leaking fuel into the vacuum hose or line as well.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 6 months ago.
Hello! It'sCustomerfrom just answer. I am just checking in to see if you need any further assistance? Let me know!