Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Here. My 2004 silverado passenger door won't

Customer Question

Hi, ***** ***** here. My 2004 silverado passenger door won't open from the inside or out and there is no tension in the handle when I try to open from outside. If I don't put back in primary position it will just hang there...
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: When I check it appears to be unlocked...
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. The next step is going to be removing the door trim panel that is not easy while it is closed. Then we need to try and get the latch to release manually so we can work on the door while it is open. Most likely there is a linkage or latch failure. Is this something you will be able to do with my help? -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your time, but I was able to get it open on my own.
Glad you got it resolved.