Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs

Jamy. My alarm keeps going off JA: Thanks. Can you give

Customer Question

Hi. Jamy. My alarm keeps going off
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I guess it had been going off for a while at random times.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.In order to be able to try and help you with this alarm concern we are going to need complete information, year, make and model please. Post back when you can with this and we can work from there.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hi, thank you for the assistance.Its a 2011 Chevy malibu
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Has the computer system been scanned to see if there any fault codes setting?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I'm not sure. I get a full diagnostics check with my oil changes and nothing like that has ever come back regarding it
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
In most cases if there is a problem with the alarm system the computer will detect it and set a fault code, if you can get the computer system scanned and the fault code retrieved I can direct you from there to the proper repair.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok. Will they complete this scan at auto zone?
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
They can scan at Auto Zone but there code reader may not retrieve alarm codes. In most cases you need a full scan tool to retrieve these codes. I suppose it would not hurt to have them try and see if they can retrieve them for you.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok thank u. I will let u know
Expert:  Ron replied 6 months ago.
Your very welcome and thank you as well.