Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience
2499435

Chevrolet Silverado 2500 hd diesel: 2003 Chevy Silverado 2500

Customer Question

2003 Chevy Silverado 2500 Allison it is dropping down to the next gear did rebelt trans and down shifting hard
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 7 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Can you tell me which shift is being effected?Any codes stored?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Po 700 and po 735 look like it drops down when it gets n 5 gear sounds like it starts to sleep then it drops to next gear then it gos into Lemp mod have to stop and restart
Do you have a the tools to do a clutch pressure test using a scan tool and pressure gauge?Your code indicates 5th gear is slipping likely due to the clutch worn out or the clutch piston seals leaking. Meaning a overhaul is needed. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris