George H.
George H., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  GM Tech ASE Master Tech 15+ years
13574682

I am trying to determine, after running across a utube video,

Customer Question

I am trying to determine, after running across a utube video, if my 2004 Chevy Suburban K1500 LT has cabin air filters. I have owned the vehical since new and it has 214K on it. I was not aware this vehical had those filters. I am sure they need changing!
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I am trying to confirm the vehical has these filters.
JA: Is there anything else the Chevy Mechanic should be aware of about your Chevy?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  George H. replied 1 year ago.
Hello I will help you with your question,Your vehicle does not have a cabin filter. In 2003 the factory option for a filter was removed and yours is not upgradable. There is a filter listed in the parts catalog but there is no place in the HVAC case to install it. Please let me know if you have further questions Thank you\