GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

DTC U0101 JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really

Customer Question

DTC U0101
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with a Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: will start but rough shifting
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: yup
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: looking for loose connections
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: no
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Super Mechanic replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome. My name is ***** ***** you for visiting the site..What is the year make model and engine of it please?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2009 chevy duramax lmm
I see, thanks. Does the scan tool communicate with all of the modules?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
i think so
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
when it first did it, i cleared it and it ran fine but once i turned the truck off it came back. the error lights are to service the stabitrak
When the ignition switch is in RUN, each control module communicating on the serial data circuit sends a state of health (SOH) message to ensure that the control module is operating properly. When a control module stops communicating on the serial data circuit, for example if the module loses power or ground, the SOH message it normally sends on the serial data circuit disappears..Are there any trouble codes in the EBTCM?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
the only code that comes up is the U0101
and on the dash it flashes to service the braking system and to service the stabltrac
I see, thanks. "U" codes are sometimes hard to pinpoint as it is a loss of communication between modules, in this case the EBTCM module. I haven't run into any common causes on them as of yet, but wait there may be another expert who has more. I will opt out and open it back up. Please DON’T REPLY to this post as that will lock the question back to me, someone should be along shortly, I’m sure, thanks and sorry I wasn’t able to help with it.