Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Chevrolet 2500: ! We have a 2008 Chevrolet with the LMM

Customer Question

Hello! We have a 2008 Chevrolet with the LMM and the Allison 1000 that is stuck in 3rd and does have reverse that is setting off code P0975. Can you tell us how to test to determine which solenoid it could be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Your code is for solenoid 2 exhibiting an open circuit. Prior to removing the pan to change the solenoid. Follow the solenoid connector external harness up to the bellhousing to see if the harness is rubbing the bellhousing or body and has rubbed the wire insulation off and is effecting the signal to the and from the solenoids. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We have already done a wire wiggle test and have not gotten any results. Do you have the procedure for checking to see if it is the solenoid or the TCM or what it is?
Yes I do have the diag steps, see the link below.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
We do not have the breakout box. Can you tell us which pin in the connector on both ends runs the SS2 solenoid?
Below is a wire diagram showing the wire colors and pin numbers.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Do you have the transmission connection schematic that goes along with this and also what are the conditions that should occur at that many ohms if it is good, bad, shorted, etc.?
I do not have a pin chart for the transmission end just the wire colors. The test result readings you should get are all outlined in the first link I sent with the tests.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
In the first link at the end of step 3 it asks if when commanded off, if the SS2 is within specified voltage limits when commanded off. What is the specified voltage limit? It looks like in step 4 that when SS2 is ON should be less than 0.5 volts, but what should it be when it is OFF?
To the right of step 3 you will see B+. The value is battery voltage.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok we are not showing battery voltage there so it is more than likely that SS2 is a bad solenoid?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Scratch that...wife got in the way ;) he is continuing on in the diagram
Step 5 is next.
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris