Ron, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  35 years experience with ASE Certs
7276279

I replaced the rear brake calipers because there was no fluid

Customer Question

I replaced the rear brake calipers because there was no fluid getting to them.
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix. The Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. What kind of car is it? Toyota, Honda, Ford, Chrysler, etc.
Customer: I replaced read the rear calipers on a 1999 Chevy Blazer 2 wheel with a v6 4.3. Have snap on modus did the adaptive test used a mighty vac on the rear calipers and there hasnt been any fluid
JA: Got it. What model and year?
Customer: 1999 Chevy Blazer
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: Yes im a professional mechanic
JA: Great! What have you tried so far?
Customer: I replaced read the rear calipers on a 1999 Chevy Blazer 2 wheel with a v6 4.3. Have snap on modus did the adaptive test used a mighty vac on the rear calipers and there hasnt been any fluid
JA: Anything else I can tell the Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: When it came in the rear caliper piston was broken
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron replied 7 months ago.
Hello, my name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I have noticed that your question was not getting a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here.The lack of fluid to the rear breaks can be caused by any of the following,Brake Bleeding ProcedureBrake Master CylinderBrake Pressure Modulator Valve (BPMV)As Im sure you know the bleeders on the new caliper have to be facing up and if so In order to determine which has failed run the procedure in the link below and see if this will help you determine the cause. Copy and paste the link to your browser to open and view.https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/104923897/Rear%20breaks%20Apr%2020.pdf