GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

My name is ***** *****. My buddy has a 2012 Silverado with

Customer Question

Hi, my name is ***** *****. My buddy has a 2012 Silverado with a 5.3 that has a misfire on number 5 cylinder. Trying to find out what else needs be checked. Intake gasket, plugs, wires were changed at a shop. They also did a tuneup with a fuel injector flush, he tells me. We swapped plugs, wires, and coil packs, and same thing happens
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the issue didn't start till after it came from the shop. It was running fine, then a day or so later my buddy noticed the rough idling, and eventually the code light came on for misfire on #5 cylinder
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
can the misfire be felt at idle ?at idle if you unplug the # ***** coil will the engine run the same as in # ***** cylinder is dead so to say ?