GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I seem to be having an issue with the anti theft light

Customer Question

Hello i seem to be having an issue with the anti theft light staying on. Yesterday i had to change the Starter due to a no crank no start symptom. After replacing the starter it did start after some hesitation.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Yea today i went to start the truck and..... no start not even a crank.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Hello are you still there?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
This is starting to seem like a scam in all honesty!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Hi there,What year is the truck please? Engine size, 2 or 4wd?Is the security light on solid?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2004 4.8, 4wd, but actually i disconnected the battery and left it for about minutes and it went away. With a little brainstorming i was able to figure out the no start, thanks anyways. I diagnosed it down to the NSS and then to test i just jumped the 30-87 on the starter relay in the fuse box... voila she started right up!!
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
Bingo, it's what I figured the issue was. The security will usually let it crank and not start. At least get a kick out of the starter.Glad to hear you got it up and running and no, this isn't a scam, just takes a bit for the right expert to help.Have a good one!
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
thank you, ***** ***** realized that in the end.
Expert:  Mike V. replied 6 months ago.
You're very welcome :)