Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Catalyst and evaporative loss readiness will not complete after

Customer Question

catalyst and evaporative loss readiness will not complete after 5 driving cycles
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: 2003 s10 blazer 2 door. The driving ctcles won't complete I've replaced all o2 sensors and both purge valves
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. The procedure I am posting below is a common procedure I have used before to get the monitors to run and pass.As long as you not clearing out fault codes,disconnecting and reconnecting the battery or a weak battery then this will work.Any time any of these are done this resets the procedure all over again.In some cases the procedure has to be followed twice to get the monitors to run and pass. Cold Start The barometric pressure (BARO) is more than 81 kPa. The engine coolant temperature (ECT) is between (41-86°F). The intake air temperature (IAT) is between (41-86°F). The start-up ECT and IAT are within (16°F) of each other. The battery voltage is between 9-16 volts. The fuel level is between 15-85 percent. Important: Whenever the ignition is turned ON, ignition positive voltage is supplied to the HO2S heaters. After verifying the enable criteria, turn OFF the ignition for approximately 5 minutes to allow the sensors to cool before continuing with the test. Once the engine is started, DO NOT turn the engine OFF for the remaining portion of the set procedure.Turn OFF all of the accessories, Set the vehicle parking brake. Verify the transmission is in Park for automatic transmissions and Neutral for manual transmissions. Start the engine and allow the engine to idle for 2 minutes.Acceleration at part throttle to (55 mph) with this speed maintained until the engine reaches operating temperature. This may be up to 8 minutes depending on the start up coolant temperature. Continued operation under these conditions for an additional 6 minutes. Acceleration at part throttle to (45-55 mph) with this speed maintained for 2 minutes. Deceleration to (0 mph). Engine idling for 2 minutes while the following criteria is maintained: The service brake is depressed. The automatic transmission is in drive. The manual transmission is in neutral with the clutch pedal depressed If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete