Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

Chevrolet Silverado 1500: How can I get seatbelt chime to not

Customer Question

How can I get seatbelt chime to not constantly go off. My buddy has same year 2015 GMC 2500 and his chimes twice and stops. Mine a 1500 and drives me nuts
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Unfortunately this is programmed into the trucks body computer and is sounded out through the drivers front speaker when the seat belt is not buckled.A dealer can sometimes change the settings or programming for this here but usually this isnt an option as this is installed as a safety feature that cannot be changed.In some cases the drivers front seat belt buckle signal can be bypassed.Usually it has a two wire connection that the connector can be grounded or jumpered to turn off the warning.Being a 2015 model no diagrams are available for this except through a dealer so I cannot tell you which wires this can be done to or if for sure it can be done.If it has the pre tensioner air bag buckle it cannot be bypassed at all. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete