Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.

2007 'new' body style 4.9L have a starter problem, hear clic

Customer Question

2007 'new' body style 4.9L have a starter problem, hear click sound from on top rear of engine,will not start.....what is this sound coming from?
JA: My old Jeep sounds like a steam radiator sometimes. It must be old age. The Chevy Mechanic will know what your noise means and what to do about it. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: When trying to start, all lights come on the instrument panel, msg 'check traction on-off', continue to to attempt start, one 'click' from top rear of motor, then nothing.
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: I am planning attempting....would kind like to know what is under the shield...always thought that the starter/solenoid was on the underside of the motor..
JA: Is there anything else important you think the Chevy Mechanic should know about your Chevy?
Customer: It has had starter problems in the past - all battery related....voltage reading is just below 12v....and appears that the interior lights dim when attempting the start.
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and then connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 6 months ago.
HI,Ok, I need to know the model of your chevy. You state new body style, but not the actual model. It would make it easier to pull schematics if you post the 17 digit vin number