Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European

I need help getting a 36' Sportscoach Pathfinder DL started.

Customer Question

I need help getting a 36' Sportscoach Pathfinder DL started. It ran when parked 6 weeks ago, but even with a fresh battery, it just 'clicked' the starter.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: My problem now is that the starter engaged briefly, but will not engage again. The voltmeter shows nothing, and the chassis is not getting any power. It has a Intellitec Battery Disconnet system and that does not show power getting to the chassis. It did before I tried to start it the first time with the new starter.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I paid the $28 I was asked for but I only need to have this one Chevrolet question as I am selling this motor home and do not have any other Chevrolets
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I will be waiting.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I cannot find a starter relay that I recognize since I do not have a wiring diagram. I do have a wiring diagram for the Intellitec battery disconnect.It appears that there is a blown fuse or a relay that did not reset. Is there a main relay as there is no current to the dash or anywhere else that gets power from the chassis battery?I have little experience on Chevrolets, but am comfortable working on Dodge and FMC motor home chassis.
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.I noticed your question wasn't being answered and decided to offer my services - I'm a retired Master Technician working as a car expert on this site. Please let me know if you'd rather wait for a RV Expert to respond and I'll opt out.Having myself owned and driven a couple of RV's in the past, I'm pretty sure we can find what's keeping your engine from starting. I'll just need some additional information to get a better picture of what we'll be working on:what year model and engine size/type is in this RV?what model Intellitec Battery Disconnect system?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
36 ft 1988 Sportscoach Pathfinder DLS on a P30 chassis with a tag axle.BD2
I'm sorry, but I don't think we'll able to work together on this issue after all. For me to be able to help, I would need to know what kind of engine is in the RV; for example, is it a 454 Chev V8?, is it a diesel?, etc. Also, according to the Intellitec website, there is no BD2, which probably means it's no longer serviced.In light of all that, I have no other choice but to opt out and let others try to help. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle your question back to me.Best Regards.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
454 with carb (quadrajet), 3 speef auto, have PDF for BD2 with all needed info. BD2 is not problem. It is not getting power.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Intellitec info
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did not get a helpful response before I fixed this myself. Please cancel this request and refund my payment.