Juan Crespo
Juan Crespo, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  A.S.E. Master Technician, Advanced Level, Emissions - Asian, Domestic, & European
19298667

Hey I have a lly 04 duramax and I recently went mudding and

Customer Question

Hey I have a lly 04 duramax and I recently went mudding and went through a river. Then the next day I was headed out and started her up then while I was going down the road she wouldn't go over 35 miles an hour even if o had my foot to the floor, but after like a minute my truck starts to run normal again and it only does it if itshe sitting for over an hour or so. Have any ideas of what the problem could be?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 7 months ago.
Hi there.You could have gotten the injector harness wet and these harnesses don't like that. Have the computer scanned and see if you get any codes then we can take it from there.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK thanks I'll get that checked out and let you know!
Good. We're looking for codes like P0202 and P2149 to confirm it is indeed a harness issue.Best Regards.NOTE: You probably already know this, but just in case, there are a bunch of auto parts retailers that will do the scan for free