Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

Chevrolet Silverado 2500: 2000 5.7 chevrolet. Can a person

Customer Question

2000 5.7 chevrolet. Can a person install a new valve lifter against the old cam lobe?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Hi my name is ***** ***** I will be happy to assist with this today.In some cases I may need more info to assist better.I apologize for any delay. Yes this can be done.I have done it myself several times on the 5.7 liter 350 engine.It is best to replace all at the same time if you can but if not I have installed only one or two myself as well working at a GM dealer.You want to run around 1200 rpm after it is replaced for about 5 minutes to get the lifter rotating to wear in its marks to then operate properly on the camshaft lobe. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete