BOBBYSS, Master Technician

1989 Chevy 1500 350 v8 with tbi backfiring into throttle body.

Customer Question

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Happens during acceleration if pressed hard. Babies does ok. However I can tel power is down from normal.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  BOBBYSS replied 6 months ago.
Hello, my name is***** for the question. Most of the time on this engine it is caused by a stretched out timing chain. As the chain wear this will occur due to the timing being off during acceleration. If can also be a failing ignition control module or the distributor itself, but most of the time if that was it the vehicle would have problems at all speeds. The timing chain needs to be checked for looseness. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you need more help.