Virtual Wrench
Virtual Wrench, Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  35 years Master Mechanic

2012 silverado shifts hard JA: Sometimes things that you

Customer Question

2012 silverado shifts hard
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: just did
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if i can
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: no
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Virtual Wrench replied 6 months ago.
Welcome,I have been a professional master mechanic for over 35 years and am happy to help you with this.How many miles on it please?Did you check the fluid level?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
90,000 miles and fluid has always been full and changed when called for. I have read a lot online with a lot of people having clunky shifting problems.
Thanks,If the fluid is in good shape then usually this is caused from low line pressure inside the trans or an internal loss of pressure in the valve body.It would need to have the trans line pressures tested with the pan off. Most of the time its a leaking o-ring or a bad accumulator. Gonna take a trans shop to test it to narrow it down.Let me know if you need anything else/LJ