Vladgmru
Vladgmru, Automotive Electrician
Experience:  I've been working with American made cars since 1992.
12883947

Chevy Equinox: I just hit something and my airbags popped in

Customer Question

I just hit something and my airbags popped in my 2005 SUV Equinox. How can I turn off the lights???
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Vladgmru replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!My name is ***** ***** an accident involved airbag deployment all deployed airbags and in some cases the AirBag control module( it is called sensing and diagnostic module SDM) also needs to be replaced.Please see below the procedure that should be done after airbag deployment in order to restore the system and have your warning lights OFF.Please do not forget to rate my answer 3 or more stars if that asnwers your question.FRONTAL INFLATOR MODULE DEPLOYMENT - COMPONENT REPLACEMENT AND INSPECTIONSAfter a collision involving inflator module deployment, replace the following components.- Inflatable restraint I/P module- Inflatable restraint steering wheel module- Inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM). Replace only if DTC B0051 or DTC B0053 cannot be cleared using the scan tool.Refer to DTC B0051 or DTC B0053.- Inflatable restraint front end sensor.- Inflatable restraint seat belt pretensionersPerform additional inspections on the following components:- Inflatable restraint steering wheel module coil and coil wiring pigtail-Inspect for melting, scorching, or other damage due to excessive heat.- Mounting point or mounting hardware for the I/P module, steering wheel module, and SDM-Inspect for any damage and repair or replace eachcomponent as needed.ROOF RAIL INFLATOR MODULE DEPLOYMENT - COMPONENT REPLACEMENT AND INSPECTIONSAfter a collision involving a roof rail inflator module deployment, replace the following components on the side of the impact.- Inflatable restraint seat belt pretensioners- Inflatable restraint roof rail modules, left/right, on the side of the impact- Inflatable restraint sensing and diagnostic module (SDM)- Inflatable restraint side impact sensor (SIS), left/right, on the side of the impactPerform additional inspections on the following components.- Mounting points or mounting hardware for the inflatable restraint SIS on the side of the impact-Inspect for any damage and repair or replaceeach component as needed.- Mounting points or mounting hardware for the inflatable restraint SDM and seat belt pretensioners-Inspect for any damage and repair orreplace each component as needed.