Matt C.
Matt C., ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  Master Automotive Technician
64275627

A/c inop push the button and it just blinks then goes out.clutch

Customer Question

a/c inop push the button and it just blinks then goes out.clutch not kicking on
JA: Sometimes things that you think will be really complicated end up being easy to fix with Chevy. The Chevy Mechanic I'm going to connect you with knows all the tricks and shortcuts. Tell me a bit more about what's going on so he can help you best.
Customer: truck was just purchased..sat most of the winter.everything lokks like its connected.havent checked fuse yet
JA: Are you hoping to fix this yourself?
Customer: if its simple..probley go to the shop
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: cant think of anything
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt C. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I would like to see if I could help you with this. Have you tried putting a pressure gauge on the A/C system to see if it is still charged? This would be the first thing I would want to check since a low charge level due to a leak is the most common reason for the A/C compressor to not kick in. You could try doing a visual inspection of the A/C lines and check for any that look oil soaked as that would be an indication of leak. If you do find a low charge level and can't visually see a leak, fill the system back up with R134-a that contains a dye and pick up a leak detection kit (will have a UV light and some yellow glasses) this will help to locate where the system is leaking at.