Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.

My name is ***** *****. JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more

Customer Question

My name is ***** *****.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I have an 04 LLY motor that has a pinging sound under light load. I know it's diesel and not gas, but the sound is just like a gas engine with early detonation.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I just installed an edge cts, exhaust (turbo back) and cold air intake and the problem is still there no matter what setting.
Expert:  Pete replied 6 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. This can be due to one or more injectors allowing to much fuel into the cylinder.Injector failure is common on some of these here with the affected injectors needing replaced.If you have not had the injectors tested at all to see if any need replaced this needs done.If these were already checked/tested and found o.k. let me know so we can continue. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete