Pete, Auto Service Technician
Experience:  14 years GM dealer Technician.
14928985

My name is ***** *****.i am looking bleeding sequence

Customer Question

my name is ***** *****.i am looking for a bleeding sequence on the top hyd. for my 2003 ssr
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: my top was getting stuck going down,and like a dummy I thought it was low on fluid.added proper fluid when I tried to lower it the res. exploded over full.replaced pump.filled with fluid but it would time out .I remembered seeing a bleeding sequence on Mitchell several years ago.but have no access to Mitchell.i am pretty sure it bled from the line quick connect on pump.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
My name is ***** ***** I am a professional here at Just Answer. I noticed that your question had not received a response and thought I would see if you still need help with this.I apologize for the delay and I hope I can still assist you with this here. Here is the bleed procedure for this model here. FOLDING TOP HYDRAULIC SYSTEM BLEEDING PROCEDURE 1. Inspect the hydraulic fluid level with the vehicle parked on a level surface, the folding top in the coupe position, and the rear compartment lid open. CAUTION: Refer to Eye Protection Caution in Service Precautions. IMPORTANT: When servicing the hydraulic system do not allow the fluid level to drop below the minimum indicator line on the reservoir. The hydraulic system is self-bleeding and does not require any type of conventional bleeding procedures. Inspect the fluid level and add fluid as necessary. 2. Start the vehicle. 3. Cycle the folding top under power through one complete cycle in both directions. 4. Inspect the fluid level again and add more fluid as necessary. Refer to Power Folding Top - Adding Fluid. 5. Cycle the folding top under power through 5 complete cycles in both directions. Allow 5 minutes between each cycle. 6. Inspect the folding top for proper operation.This is the full procedure for your year and model. If more help is needed, use the reply tab to continue our conversation. If no further assistance is needed, kindly rate my service.You can rate at any time and we can continue to work on your question as this will not close out your question.Keep in mind in some cases it can be difficult to fully diagnose or help repair your vehicle without seeing it and I work on delivering the best possible answer from what I see to work with.Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
We did try that already it will go down just fine but will not go up it times out. Have to pull up manually. Any help would be great.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
Have you had the fault codes checked or read out with a scan tool that will plug into your model and read all computers for codes to see what codes are set at all?If not can you get this done to see what codes are set with this issue here as this will help.Let me know. Thanks Pete
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I will check with the mechanic that I have it at and get back to you. Not till Tuesday.
Expert:  Pete replied 7 months ago.
O.k.,You may have a fault roof position switch causing the issue you see here.I have seen these fail before needing replaced but since there are a few of these as well as other sensors and components that can act up or fail causing this here you will need to have the fault codes read out and this will help locate and repair this issue.Make sure when this is done it is done with a scan tool that will plug in and communicate with all computers in your model as some scan tools will only read engine,transmission and brake info. Let me know if you need anything else and feel free to rate my help here. Thanks Pete