GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Is there another answer to the question asked six years ago

Customer Question

Is there another answer to the question asked six years ago about the temp gauge dropping to zero and the A/C cutting out. Time has past and I thought there is a problem that occurs in more than a few of the HHRs
thanks, john
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 6 months ago.
I can't see which answer you found but let me know what year your HHR is and i can help you out with it.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
The original question was answered about six years ago, (The question was they had a 2006 HHR and the temp gauge would shut down and the AC would turn off and then later turn back on. The answer to that question was probably a loose wire on the temp. sensor module.) I have a 2006 HHR and the same thing happens to me I took it in a couple of times and the dealer said they could only find it if was happening when I took it to them. It has been a few years since then and it still happens every now and then. Is there something else I can look for besides loose wire on the sensor?
Thank You
for where they are its pretty common for the wire to develop internal corrosion and rot off inside of its coating, pulling on the wire will result in it stretching or breaking. being corroded inside allows the issue to be really intermittent. the sensor is right behind your right fog lamp, disconnect it and pull on the wires individually, fairly hard and see if they stretch or break. does yours happen to quit more in the rain?