Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech

Timing chev express6 24500 5.0 with a timing light

Customer Question

***** ***** timing chev express6 24500 5.0 with a timing light possible?
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: replaced the distributor shaft need to check timing
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
replaced the distributor shaft need to check timing, chev express 2500 5.0
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
can this be down with timing light?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
can you tell me what year this is ?does the distributor hold down when loosened allow you to move the distributor ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
2000 chev express 2500 5.0. No the distributor she has a clip that Clips onto it and hold it in place, this crew has no visibility you have to turn the whole thing, turning it is not the problem there is no guys with the numbers on the flywheel for me to put the timing light to get this only be time for the scanner or can I use a timing light
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
these do not use a timing lightthere is a notch on the timing cover and a line on the balancerdoes it run ?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
yes it runs, getting service engine light with code for bad cam senor or timing, sensor came new with distributor shaft
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
what code ? P1345 ?
Expert:  Gary replied 6 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer