Chris (aka-Moose), Technician
Experience:  16 years of experience

Have a 02 duramax 3500 their is some sort of security issue

Customer Question

have a 02 duramax 3500 their is some sort of security issue with the key or something dunnio
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: not really the one the guys cranked it up one day went to work dropped it back off at the shop. next moring it wouldn't start.. that's the story. had a scanner put on it this morning said it was a security issue.. my guy went through the steps to reprogram the key or what ever .. said the security light was out. when he tried to start it the light came back on no go
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Juan Crespo replied 6 months ago.
Hi there.I understand you might have a truck with a security issue. If so, can you tell me what have you done and how can I help you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I did tell you. Are you serious right now?
I’m sorry, but I don’t have any other information that could help you at this time. I’ll opt out so others may try. Please do not reply until another expert responds or the site will cycle this request back to me.
Expert:  Chris (aka-Moose) replied 6 months ago.
Welcome, I'm Chris (aka Moose). I normally log in after 3 pm central. Please make sure to let me know exactly what is needed from me so I can provide EXCELLENT 5 STAR service. Are there trouble codes stored?If the 10 minute scan tool or 30 minute DIY programming was done then it would of fixed the anti theft system issue unless there is a faulty theft system component like the pass key receiver. The codes would tell us what and how to diagnose this. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------On your screen at the top you should see a rating 1-5 stars and a green submit button. Please make sure to select one and press submit. I am not compensated by the website unless a customer rates. Rating only pays me from the deposit you have already made, it does not charge you more, nor close the post. Also all follow ups are free and welcome.Thanks Chris
Hello again Chris here,1) When customers come to Just Answer the website and the experts want them to have a great 5 star experience.2) We also want them to be so pleased that they come back for future needs.3) I have the feeling you were not pleased with my help because the post was not rated and or you need me to help more. If so please do reply.4) I have an option for an additional fee to upload diagrams, repair guides, find a repair facility, or call you if that would help. Thanks Chris