Mike S.
Mike S., Chevy Mechanic
Experience:  ASE Certified Master Technician
20625509

66 corvette HEI 427 starter wiring diagram JA: Thanks. Can

Customer Question

66 corvette HEI 427 starter wiring diagram
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: No spark at plugs
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
No spark when with the key on run or on start while cranking?I believe in 1966 they probably ran the wire for the ignition coil from the R terminal of the starter solenoid but since this has been converted over to HEI, there should just be the one connection marked B+ at the distributor cap if this is in fact the coil in cap HEI, then that could either be coming straight from the battery positive post or like some people including myself like to run it off the fuse box from a spot that is hot only while the key is on start and run.
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
Here is the starter wiring diagram,
Expert:  Mike S. replied 7 months ago.
If this still has the original TRANSISTOR IGNITION CIRCUIT, here is that wiring diagram,