Eric, Automotive Repair Shop Manager
Experience:  20+ yrs. experience as repair shop manager and technician.
3195632

Pearl , i'm john JA: The mechanics have tons of experience

Customer Question

hi pearl , i'm john
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: i have a security light that flashes while starting.....engine cranks and starts but no running
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: also have a maf sensor iisue
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Eric replied 7 months ago.
HI, I am sorry that you have not been helped yet. I just came online and saw your question Ok, the first thing to do is try the relearn procedure 30minute GM relearn procedure: 1-TurnON the ignition,with the engine OFF.2-Attemptto start the engine,then release the key to ON (vehicle will not start).3-Observe theSECURITY telltale(this is the security light), after approximately 10minutes the telltale will turn OFF.4-Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds .5-Repeat steps 1through 4 two more times for a total of 3 cycles/30 minutes(the vehicle is now ready to relearn the Passlock(TM) Sensor DataCode and/or passwords on the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK). IMPORTANT: The vehicle learns the Passlock(TM)Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. You must turn the ignition OFF before attempting to start the vehicle.6-Start the engine(the vehicle has now learned the Passlock(TM) Sensor Data Code and/or password).