Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2008 Chevy Avalanche, its automatic v6, the shifter

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy Avalanche, its automatic v6, the shifter wont engage into drive, it feels loose.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
I am sorry your having this problemwill the shifter shift through its full shit motion but the dash says park all the time ?
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
can you check and see if the shift cable broke or popped off the transmission lever under the drivers side of the transmission under the truck ?
Expert:  Gary replied 10 months ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer