Gary
Gary, Chevy Technician
Experience:  15 years GM master tech
19513769

I have a 2008 Chevy Avalanche, its automatic v6, the shifter

Customer Question

I have a 2008 Chevy Avalanche, its automatic v6, the shifter wont engage into drive, it feels loose.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: like what?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
I am sorry your having this problemwill the shifter shift through its full shit motion but the dash says park all the time ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
can you check and see if the shift cable broke or popped off the transmission lever under the drivers side of the transmission under the truck ?
Expert:  Gary replied 1 year ago.
how are you making out ?if you have any questions please ask as i do not get credit for my work until you rate me here at Justanswer