sprinkles08
sprinkles08, ASE Certified Technician
Experience:  ASE Master and Advanced level certified. Factory trained with 15 years dealership experience
9825021

My integrated trailer brakes aren't working Fuses are good

Customer Question

My integrated trailer brakes aren't working Fuses are good that I can see but I only find 1
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: The fuse isn't blown. I'm wondering what else is wrong
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: No maam
JA: Forgive me, but I'm not following. One more time, please?
Customer: Nothing else wrong
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  sprinkles08 replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer!The problem may be with the trailer brake relay, the trailer brake module, wiring, or it may be a blown fuse. There will be more than one fuse involved. Te problem may also be with the trailer rather than the truck.Have you used a test light at the trailer connector on the truck to see if there is power on the brake control circuit?What year and model is the vehicle?