Ron Z.
Ron Z., - Chevy Tech -
Experience:  18+yrs experience. State Inspector and Chevy Diagnostics

Replacing a/c compressor on 2003 chevy s10 with 2.2l motor

Customer Question

replacing a/c compressor on 2003 chevy s10 with 2.2l motor need to know how much oil to put in new one.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with AC issues. It could be something as simple as a blown fuse, or something slightly more complicated like a condenser. Any weird smells or rattling noises?
Customer: no electrical connections have broken off and can't be fixed
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to AC guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: great
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: also replacing what I believe is called the accumulator how much oil doe's it take too.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Here is the PAG oil chart: ratings help other customers find the better (or worse) Experts! If my answer has helped you, please help me by leaving a rating or accepting my answer.Rating or accepting my answer does not cost you extra. It allows me to be credited for this Q&A. You can ask follow-up questions even after you rate or accept. Thank-you!
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.
Expert:  Ron Z. replied 6 months ago.