GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

The theft-deterrent system on my 2011 Equinox has me locked

Customer Question

The theft-deterrent system on my 2011 Equinox has me locked out, and I can't start the vehicle.
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Are those all of the "symptoms"?
Customer: My battery is good, the key was in the ignition, but vehicle still would not start. I had Roadside Assistance come over, he disconnected the battery in an attempt to reset the system, but no luck
JA: Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: not that I can think of. I'm financially unstable at the present, and am looking to avoid taking it to the dealer.
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can get the proper information and see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****