AMEDEE
AMEDEE, CHEVY TECHNICIAN
Experience:  ASE certified tech ADVANCED LEVEL SPECIALIST. Wisconsin certified emissions state inspector
279429

Its 2004 impala 3.4 replaced computer and ignition switch but

Customer Question

its 2004 impala 3.4 replaced computer and ignition switch but not key one I am lock out car won't start
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: put a new switch in keep key and computer in and anti left system say wrong code
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Chevy Mechanics generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome! My name isCustomerand I can assist you with your question. Are you saying that the engine will not start due to a security issue? Can I get the code stored in the computer? Which computer was replaced?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
po 1626 po1631 U1064 bcm or vid com error
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Ok, thank you. I will do some digging and post back in a bit
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
the pcm been replace wwith new switch same key
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Have you tried to do a relearn procedure?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
no ihave not what do you do on relearn procedure
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
is that the procedure for 30 mimis
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
10 minute relearn procedureTurn ON the ignition, with the engine OFF.Attempt to start the engine, then release the key to ON, vehicle will not start.Observe the SECURITY light. After approximately 10 minutes , the security light will turn OFF. The vehicle is now ready to relearn the Pass lock Sensor Data Code and/or password ***** the next ignition switch transition from OFF to CRANK. Turn OFF the ignition, and wait 5 seconds. Start the engine, the vehicle has now learned the voltage reading coming back from the ignition switch.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
ok I will try that and get back to you thank you
Expert:  AMEDEE replied 7 months ago.
Sounds good! Just reply back if you need more help and I will be happy to do so! I am glad I can help! It has been a pleasure working with you. Please dont forget to honor your good faith deposit by rating my answer as "Excellent Service" for assisting you today. Please let me know if you have any further questions.