GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

I bought a 2016 Chevy Traverse a month ago and 5 days later

Customer Question

I bought a 2016 Chevy Traverse a month ago and 5 days later it would not start. There was a pause of nothing before it sounded like it started with everything inside turning on like normal. Eventually after locking and unlocking it is got it to start. The dealership said they couldn't see anything wrong with it and sent me on my way with instructions to bring it in next time WITHOUT continuing to try to start it. Afree about half a dozen times more of this I finally was able to get it towed in. Now they have had the car for a day and a half with no word on it. Do you think I got a lemon? Or is this a common problem with the Traverse?
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Ryan Schott replied 6 months ago.
every once and a while you will find something that slipped at the factory, sounds like an ignition switch problem but i had one the other day, a 16 Acadia, turned out during assembly someone had dropped a nut below the UBEC and bolted it down, it was causing intermittent shorts, new UBEC and it was good to go. I don't think its a lemon it just can be hard to duplicate these problems at the shop sometimes, but I would give them a bit, often enough it can be a simple fix and your good for 300k.