GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.

Misfire and check engine light is on...smells a little bad

Customer Question

misfire and check engine light is on...smells a little bad a times. 2009 Traverse
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience in that area. Do you happen to have the code?
Customer: No mam, not sure how to find out? Other than going to a shop first, any ideas?
JA: Not a problem. You can work with the Chevy Mechanic to figure that out. Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Daniel Jones replied 6 months ago.
Hello. Welcome to the site. Thanks for coming. I'm ***** *****. I'm here to provide as much information and insight as I can, to best answer your question.You will need to get the system scanned for Diagnostic codes.Check with a local parts store like Autozone, they usually do free checks for codes.After you have codes it will be better to try and diagnose the problem.Can you give me your VIN# ***** I can see if there are any Service Bulletins?Thank you for posting your question.Your business is very valuable to us.Thank You ***** *****