GM Tech (Cam)
GM Tech (Cam), Chevy Technician
Experience:  GM Grand Master Technician 2007. 14 years experience.
10949255

Need to determine which fuse controls the radiator fans. Everything

Customer Question

Need to determine which fuse controls the radiator fans. Everything else has been eliminated as a possibility. Can not decode the fuse map
JA: The mechanics have tons of experience dealing with this sort of thing. Are you planning on changing the fuse yourself?
Customer: Yes, our mechanic saide it needed a new water pump which did not solve the fan never going on problem.
JA: Ok. We'll get you to one of the go-to fuse guys. Other than the problems you mentioned, how has the car been running?
Customer: Excellent except one day it just suddenly started to over head. Belts intact, no leakage, replaced thermostat, then fan sensor, then wster pump. Have new fuse don't know which one to change have have the manual but it doesn't say
JA: Noted. I'll pass this info along to the mechanic so that he can get you a quick fix. Anything else I can tell the Chevy Mechanic before I connect you two?
Customer: The manual says, and I quote "locate the fan relay, and then test it"
JA: Got it. Let's get this figured out. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Chevy Mechanic about your situation and connect you two. You'll be on the road in no time.
Category: Chevy
Expert:  Matt C. replied 7 months ago.
Hello, I would like to see if I can assist you with this. I am going to need your year, make, model, and engine size before we get started.